It all started with 2.16, which introduced some changes to the licensing and user interface. All well and good, until we noticed a serious security issue with Microsoft Silverlight had recently surfaced, and we didn’t want to wait to address it.
That resulted in 2.17, which added a Silverlight check to the detector Search function. If you have a version of MS Silverlight that is not the currently patched version, you’ll see a warning in the log drawer when you run a search. In 2.17 we also fixed a false positive in the Keylogger detector and updated some search definitions.
Alas, we’d inadvertantly let a bug slip in with v2.16 that prevented DetectX from quitting in certain situations. Luckily that report came in pretty quick (many thanks to Al), and we were able to address the bug with a simple code tweak (if you got bit by that bug, please open and then close the Licensing window before attempting to update to v2.18).
So, here we are at version 2.18 … we’re a bit breathless, so it’s time for a sit-down and a nice cup of tea!